Tuesday 20 July 2010

Ahoy Me Hearties

Arrr land lubbers, it's Day Two of the Doodle Schmoodle Challenge and it's a life at sea for me, as today's doodle was entitled 'My Pirate Self'.


Well all this pirate talk got me searching for pirate themed websites, yes there are pirate websites out there!  So the first one I came across lets you find your pirate name.  So of course, as I was trying become a pirate for my doodle I had to find out my name, so I am 'Anne the Cutthroat' - Arrr!!

Shiver Me Timbers! Did you know that it is 'International Talk Like a Pirate Day' on 19th September - yep that's right for all you closet pirates, this your chance to put on your best pirate accent and Arrr as much as you like! 

And for all those little pirates out there, why not take a look at this website.  Lots of pirate activities to keep them occupied over the summer holidays.

Looking forward to the next doodle!!

1 comment:

  1. Those on facebook can also change their language settings to Pirate English! It's great fun once you get the hang of the slang! Arrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete